Thursday, November 3, 2011

Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

I got a copy of this book through Netgalley so I'm gonna start reading it today. :)

Finished reading this while waiting for a friend to get off work. I really enjoyed the story line.. it was slightly new and inventive.. which made me enjoy the plot.

The main character is quite interesting in that she's half demon/half human but not in the traditional sense. She transforms in cycles from human to paranormal. I really enjoyed that about the book, it was something I hadn't read before.

The story is of Kali who helps out a girl who is infected with a chupacabra (in this story are memory/blood sucking creatures that end up killing off its host) by convincing it to take her on as a host instead. When she does they find out that the chupacabra has a tracking device and a Research Facility was trying to do some test runs with this specimen and now is after the girls.

There is a colorful cast of characters from a cheerleader, to a psychic and tons of supernatural characters. I really enjoyed the chemistry between Kali and the psychic. It was like a real high school friendship except older for there time since they both.. had the weight of the world on there shoulders.

I really enjoyed reading this book and would recommend picking it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment