Monday, October 17, 2011

Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

I bought this like 2 weeks ago and had been checking the mail everyday since..and finally it arrived today and since I'm super sick. I figure might as well lay down and read. This book first off is a super quick read. So if you like something on the slightly morbid a little bit intense you might want to search this book out.

Living Dead Girl was a 2009 ALA Best Book for young adults and has been picked for a ton more awards. I can truly understand why. It's a very intense novel.

The story is of 15 year old "Alice" who was kidnapped by a man at 10 years old and it's written from her point of view telling you not only about her life now but the last 5 years she has endured. As you read you feel pain for this little girl who is dead inside, who longs for freedom but believes there is no escape. You feel hatred towards the man who has taken her and made her to believe all the things she now holds as truth in her life.

I don't want to give away too much about the story because its just so unbelievable at times and so heartbreaking that I want you to pick it up yourself and go through all the emotions the writer has been so good to portray.

I can't imagine the pain and despair she feels it's so moving. I was so mesmerized by the book I just had to read it cover to cover. It's definitely something you want to pick up if you are on the intense side of enjoyment in reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment