Friday, October 5, 2012

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand Review

I make myself laugh sometimes. I read a lot on my kindle and have a list I still need to review. I'm trying to get caught up. I really want to get a netbook so I can write reviews and my own stories while I am out away from my laptop and that's coming. Hopefully as soon as I start my next job. The funny story is I read this book probably 6 months ago on the Kindle. Then I was at the library last week and saw the beautiful cover and picked it up to read, not knowing it was the same book.. so I went to start it yesterday and realized instantly that I recognized the story and saw I had already read it. Tell me you can't always judge a book by its cover but this cover surely made me pick it up.

Alright now for the book. I really enjoyed it. I love the idea of angels being among us. The fact that our guardian angels are really just people until they have a need to help someone. I liked the concept of the book and I found the book well written and interesting and easy to follow.

So the story goes our young heroine has these strange dreams in which she is saving a guy from a fire. She finds out she's an angel and that its her destiny like a guardian angel to save him. Her mom is an angel and well. They end up moving to a town to be close to the guy when she needs to help him. She learns there is more to the angel world then her mother wants her to know. She meets another angel and gets to learn a bit about that world.

I enjoyed all the characters the way our main character goes through a range of emotions all throughout the book, depending on what is going on. She really has depth, Cynthia Hand did a good jon with making her character realistic.

I'd give the book a 4 out of 5 and would say if you get the chance go pick it up, it's one of the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment