Sunday, January 13, 2013

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

I really wanted to read this right off the bat because of the awesomely beautiful book cover. I guess I do judge books by the cover, but let me tell you. I really enjoyed this one. So I guess all in all it was a good choice for me.

The book is about Cas our main ghost hunter, a ghost hunter now that his father the original in the trade is deceased murdered by a ghost. The boy is bent on following in his fathers footsteps.

I got into reading this and quickly was caught in the writers web. You want to learn more about the character he is tough and ready for things, but a kid and struggling with trying to be grown up and with wanting the normalcy of life. I liked that about the main character. Writers don't always remember that even when pushed into being a grown up it doesn't mean the person might not long for the things other kids his age might have.

I enjoyed the plot and the development of the characters. I love that you get to see the kids grow up a bit while facing down a foe. People learning to work together, lives changing forever after learning new knowledge. I wasn't expecting the ending. So I was pleasantly surprised. I love writers that can keep a book interesting throughout without making things too complex or adding too much unnecessary things to keep you guessing.

I give this book a 5/5 stars. Really good quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment