Friday, January 11, 2013

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

I had been wanting to read this book forever, but I have had about 300 books sitting around my room waiting to be read, so I kept putting it off since I wanted to be fair to other books I had wanted to read before it.

So I am in love with fairy tales and I love the story of Cinderella. Fairy tales have always held a special place in my heart. I love the idea of love and fantasy, that odds can be beaten, that somewhere out there a prince charming is waiting.

The book takes place in the future. Not only is the planet different from disease, and many other things but we now have the technology to create cyborgs and robots. We are not the only people in this universe and we know it. The backdrop is New Beijing, a time when life is different there is death and there is fear. The book focuses on Cinder a half human half android girl living with her step mother, who ends up helping out the prince and the whole world changes because of it. It has everything you need, romance, intrigue, robots, monsters and excitement.

I really like the character Cinder, I like the strength she has, the way her character wants things and the sadness and love she feels. I love her android it has its own personality and character.

I really enjoyed this story and am anxiously awaiting Scarlet the sequel. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it was well written, enjoyable, the story had twists and turns, the characters were likable and developed.

Go pick up this 5/5 star book and then preorder Scarlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment