Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Rot and Ruin by Johnathan Mayberry

I picked this book up because I saw it listed on a bunch of different book blogs and I wanted to see what the fuss was about. I think that is why I picked up more then half of the books I am reading right now.

First things first, I have never had a zombie book made me cry until now. This book is the first in a series of 3. I can not wait to get my hands on the next books. It tells the story of young Benny Imura, who has come to the age where he must either start work or starve in a post zombie society. His brother asks him to come work with him as a zombie bountyhunter. I really enjoyed the plot of this book. It makes you think that if we came to a point where humanity was doomed, would we lose our humanity? That's the big question in the book. I like the way he handles it.

Each character is brought to life with a past, history, with emotion and purpose. You love them, you hate them, you want them to succeed or fail. You fear for them. He does so well in making you hope for the characters. And not only for the characters but for humanity itself.

I can't imagine having my family and friends become zombies nor can I imagine living boxed in a world where you can't leave because of the zombies, where the internet is no more, tv is a thing of the past and I can't microwave anything. Not my ideal world at all.

This is definitely a 5 star in my book. Great read for sure. Definitely a pick me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment