Thursday, January 31, 2013

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Now I really enjoyed Before I Fall, so when I saw this go for a steal on the kindle I had to pick it up.

Amazons blurb about this book :

They say that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever. And I’ve always believed them. Until now. Now everything has changed. Now, I’d rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.

Can you imagine a world where there is no Love. Everyone is cured of it at 18 and you are matched with someone based on an evaluation to spend out your days and to populate the world. I couldn't imagine being with someone I didn't love, nor could I imagine being without love. The giddy feelings, the happiness to be stripped of that. I could not do it. You'd see me be a invalid or jump to the wilds before they could even get near me with talk of a cure.

Our main character is the daughter of a woman who chose to love rather then live without it. She is struggling with the desire to be cured. Then ends up meeting a boy and falling in love.

I really enjoyed the entire story and all the twists and the way we got to the end of the book. I have Pandemonium and I can not wait to get to read it.

5 out of 5 stars. Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment